It is an awesome and humbling experience to celebrate more than 45 years since the founding of The Londen Companies. With modest beginnings of only two agents working out of a home, Lincoln Heritage Life Insurance Company has become a national leader in final expense coverage with more than 4,000 agents who reach over 527,000 policyholders.
We are abundantly aware that we did not accomplish this alone. Many hundreds of people have had key roles in this progress. We owe a huge debt of thanks to all who have participated in this achievement. We fail to express our gratitude as often as we should, and I apologize for that oversight. We thank each and everyone of you for your dedication and friendship.
We are also immensely grateful for the opportunity to serve. Everyone in the home office is well aware that we regard service to our "families in need" as a calling of the highest order. This is not a slogan but rather something we believe to our very core. There is nothing more important to us than providing a prompt and compassionate helping hand when it is needed the most.
So we now look back briefly and reflect on a job well done. But under no circumstances do we believe the job is complete. There are many more mountains to climb and many more people to serve. Fortunes have been made by many of you, but unlimited additional opportunities await all who choose to utilize that spark of greatness within.
Our calling stands as high and true now as ever. We warmly welcome you to join us as we reach for the highest possible level of excellence in the months and years ahead.
It is no secret the country is going through some tough economic times. It is never easy to see friends, neighbors and fellow citizens suffer from reversals. And it also makes you wonder about your own choices and the security of your own arrangements.
I am happy to report that when you are with Lincoln Heritage, you have a sound partner. We are financially stable and during these lean times, our business is actually booming. How can that be? There are several logical and self evident reasons, as follows:
- We are well capitalized. When financial losses occur, a company needs capital to absorb those losses. For years, we have had a capital cushion that is much larger than most others in the industry and it now allows us a great degree of security as asset classes adjust.
- We are privately owned. We do not answer to Wall Street or to hedge funds. We have not had to take government bail-outs. Therefore we can continue to run our business in a conservative and consistent manner.
- We sell simple and straight-forward products to people who need them. Our products are priced to make a fair profit without relying on high flying investment schemes.
- Lincoln is about real people serving real people. We pride ourselves in our service standards and the willingness of our associates to go the extra mile to serve our families.
- Our markets are about timeless values. When times are tough, people go back to traditional conservative guarantees. There is nothing more solid than the idea that a person should take responsibility for his or her own final plans and expenses.
We have been enormously fortunate and blessed to have the opportunity to serve the hundreds of thousands of families over the decades that we have been around. Thank you for the opportunity to serve your family.